Tue, November 12, 20138:30 AM
KHSA is pleased to announce the upcoming training. Click here for the flyer. Trainers are Bethanie Grass and Sheila Brookes.
EventBrite link for registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/event/7400295483, the deadline for registrations is October 29th.
The I Am Moving, I Am Learning (IMIL) program, is a proactive approach for preventing obesity in young children. Participants will have the opportunity to actively participate in learning experiences designed to increase daily physical activity, improve the quality of movement activities planned and facilitated by adults, and promote healthy food choices for children and families.
1. Increase the quantity of time spent in moderate to vigorous physical activity (MVPA) during daily routines to meet national guidelines for physical activity.
2. Improve the quality of structured movement experiences intentionally facilitated by adults.
3. Promote healthy nutrition choices every day.
Participants will be able to:
1. Describe promising practices and developmentally appropriate physical activity guidelines for preschool children.
2. Describe current research related to obesity prevention and recommended strategies to improve the quality of physical activity and nutrition choices for young children and their families.
3. Describe the key elements, strategies, and resources needed to increase moderate to vigorous physical activity (MVPA) in daily routines and augment high-quality movement and nutrition choices within the Head Start Child Outcomes Framework – Domain #8 (Physical Health and Development).
4. Develop program-specific action steps, using a team approach, to meet the goals of I Am Moving, I Am Learning and achieve successful outcomes for children, staff, parents, and communities.
The $115 registration fee provides a participant with:
· Binder with training materials
· Morning snack, drink, and lunch each day
Participants are responsible for their own hotel accommodations, if needed.